Sunday, September 15, 2013

Google Spreadsheet Formula to return only row 1 values

Question:

( by malva00 )


Example: A1 has "Event 1", B1 has "Event 2", C1 has "Event 3." 

Let's say "John" is listed somewhere (could be anywhere) under Event 1 and 3, but not 2. I want a single formula to return all the events John is listed under. If the formula is in G1, I want it to return "Event 1" in G1 and "Event 3" in H1 (Event 2 is skipped).

Any help? :D


Solution:


Have a look at the following screenshot of Spreadsheet:


In the above sheet I have the following formula in Cell G1:
=split(if(countif(A:A;"John");A1;"")&" "&if(countif(B:B;"John");B1;"")&" "&if(countif(C:C;"John");C1;"")&" ";" ")


I hope the above solution will help you, and if you need more help then please do comment below on this blog itself, I will try to help you out.


I also take up private and confidential projects:
If this blog post was helpful to you, and if you think you want to help me too and make my this blog survive then please donate here: http://igoogledrive.blogspot.com/2012/09/donate.html 

Thanks,

No comments:

Post a Comment