Friday, July 12, 2013

Google Spreadsheet filter with wildcards

Question:

Hi fellows
I tried to use  vlookup formula with wildcard like this, but it never worked

Ex.
=vlookup("etc*",V20:V23,1,false)

It didn't recognize "etc12", "etck", "etc something"... formula worked only "etc*"!

what should i do to fix?

plz help me


Solution:

Have a look at the following screenshot:


I have the following formula in Cell B9:

=filter(A2:A7;RegExMatch(A2:A7;"setupbox*"))




I hope the above solution will help you, and if you need more help then please do comment below on this blog itself, I will try to help you out.


I also take up private and confidential projects:
If this blog post was helpful to you, and if you think you want to help me too and make my this blog survive then please donate here: http://igoogledrive.blogspot.com/2012/09/donate.html 

Thanks,

No comments:

Post a Comment