Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Google Spreadsheet Average function

Question:

This is probably a very simple question, but I'm really at a loss as to what I'd search for to find this function if it exists at all.

 See, I use "=AVERAGE(E2:E37)" as an example in one of my spreadsheets, but problem is, every month I have to change "e37" to the next up grid so, next month would be "e38", I want to be able to just do something like this: "=AVERAGE(E2:H64)" and have H64 retain the actual value that I want to use for that month, so "H64" would have the "38" or line value so that I only have to update one value every month. 

Here is a piece of the spreadsheet hopefully it helps explains my issue.






Solution:

I would suggest instead of Averaging the values at the bottom, you can try it in the first row, have a look at the following screenshot:




Formula in Cell C1: =AVERAGE(C2:C)

Formula in Cell D1: =AVERAGE(D2:D)


I hope the above solution will help you, and if you need more help then please do comment below on this blog itself, I will try to help you out.


I also take up private and confidential projects:


If this blog post was helpful to you, and if you think you want to help me too and make my this blog survive then please donate here: http://igoogledrive.blogspot.com/2012/09/donate.html 


No comments:

Post a Comment