Thursday, October 25, 2012

Transpose data from a google form

Question:

Hi,

I am looking to transpose data from a google form.  It is a little tricky as the first few form columns are static but the last 12 will vary after each submission.

Example:

When the form gets submitted we have data in Columns A, B, C, D, E, F

I would like it to be transposed on Sheet 2 like this

A, B, C, D

A, B, C, E

A, B, C, F

Is this possible?

Thanks,

Jordan


Solution:


Suppose you have following data in Sheet1:




Then put the following formula in Cell A1 of Sheet2:

=ARRAYFORMULA(IF({{1},{1},{1},{0}};'Sheet1'!A1:C1;transpose('Sheet1'!D1:F1)))


Then you will get the following output on the Sheet2:





I hope the above solution will help you, and if you need more help then please do comment below on this blog itself, I will try to help you out.

I also take up private or confidential projects:

If this blog post was helpful to you, and if you think you want to help me too and make my this blog survive then please donate here: http://igoogledrive.blogspot.com/2012/09/donate.html 

Thanks,
Kishan,

No comments:

Post a Comment