Thursday, October 18, 2012

Google Spreadsheet Email notification on Form Submission


Question:

I've created a form to embed on my website and would love to know if there is a way to have email notification each time someone submits a complete form so that I don't have to monitor the spreadsheet on a daily basis.


Solution:

Go to "Notification rules..." in "Tools" menu:

Have a look at the following screenshot:



And then select for "A user submits a form", 
and also select for "Email - right away"

Have a look at the following screenshot:




Now, you will receive email notifications each time a user submits response to your form.


I hope the above solution will help you, and if you need more help then please do comment below on this blog itself, I will try to help you out.

I also take up private or confidential projects:

If this blog post was helpful to you, and if you think you want to help me too and make my this blog survive then please donate here: http://igoogledrive.blogspot.com/2012/09/donate.html 

Thanks,
Kishan,

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kishan,
    I followed the steps here but I still dont get notification when a change is made on the spreadsheet. thanks

    ReplyDelete