Sunday, September 9, 2012

How to quickly freeze or unfreeze rows or columns

How do I create a top row with category titles that follows as I scroll down? And How do I create first column that follows as I scroll right side?

By freezing a row or rows you can have your top row(s) remain still even if you go down scrolling hundreds or thousands of rows.

And similarly, by freezing a column or columns you can have your left most column(s) remain still even if you go down scrolling hundreds of columns.

You can "Freeze columns" or "Freeze rows" from View menu, look at the screenshot below:


And to unfreeze it back, select "No frozen columns" or "No frozen rows".


And the following animated screenshot will show you the the quick way to freeze or unfreeze row(s) or column(s):



I hope this helps.

Cheers!
Kishan,

1 comment:

  1. Is this feature still available? Can't find "Normal view" or "freeze columns" on my doc.

    ReplyDelete