Monday, August 27, 2012

Lock down cells with Protected Ranges in Google spreadsheets

Lock down cells with Protected Ranges in Google spreadsheets



Following is the step by step tutorial to protect ranges (cells or rows or columns):

Step 1:



Click on the cell(s) or row(s) or column(s) which you want to protect editing from others.
Following is the screenshot of my spreadsheet, in which I have selected Column C, that I want to protect:



Step 2 (Option 1):


Go to "Data"  menu and click on "Named and protected ranges...".
Look at the screenshot below:




Step 2 (Option 2):


Or you can also first select cell(s) or row(s) or column(s) and then "right click" on it and then click on "Name and protect range.."
Look at the screenshot below:





Step 3:



Now you can give name and provide any range to protect. Click (select or tick mark) on "Protect".
Look at the following screenshot:




In above example I have protected column C of Sheet1, so I have "Sheet1C:C" as a range and named it "NamedRange1".

I hope this will help you to understand how create and name protected ranges.

I hope the above solution will help you, and if you need more help then please do comment below on this blog itself I will try to help you out.

If this blog post was helpful to you, and if you think you want to help me too and make my this blog survive then please donate here: http://igoogledrive.blogspot.com/2012/09/donate.html 

Thanks,
Kishan,

No comments:

Post a Comment